Photo: Nakanimamasakhlisi

House of Justice

Architects of Invention were invited to submit a proposal by Georgia’s House of Justice. The brief included a design for a 1500m2 building to house 95 members of staff and a flow of 400 users a day, to serve Ozurgeti’s population of 500,000. Construction began in September 2011.
T he Ministry building brings together a number of services - the Civil Registry Agency, National Agency of Public Registry, National Archives of Georgia, National Bureau of Enforcement and Notary Chamber - under one roof, creating a new blueprint for a government building. Inspired by a classical Greek form, the Ministry is fronted with regular columns, but, rather than a rendered façade, the columns support a canopy beneath which are two independent and contrasting glass volumes. The size of the Public Hall defines the first volume, which is rectangular and also contains office space

Read more...
Project Details
Status:
Built
Location:
Ozurgeti, Georgia
Size:
1560 m²
Budget:
$2.5 Mil
Consultants :
Progressi, Casacalda, Arctrade, Reynaers, Anagi,
Awards:
Best Project Award at Moscow Architecture Biennale 2012
Programme:
Public Service Hall, Offices, Wedding Hall
Team:
Davit Canava, Nikoloz Gurabanidze, Salome Ghudushauri, Nikoloz Japaridze, Eka Kankava, Devi Kituashvili, Ivane Ksnelashvili, Nikoloz Maisuradze, Eka Rekhviashvili, Gogiko Sakvarelidze